Inflammation is your body’s way of telling you that something is wrong. It is a definite indiction and often the root cause of an underlying illness, infection, or even arthritis.
Inflammation is a natural reaction to injury or infection. And, surprisingly it can also help make your body heal. The affected tissues swell, redden, become warm and tender, and may be painful. Things that can trigger inflammation include drug overuse, environmental toxins, free radical damage, infections, injury, trauma, and bacterial, fungal, or viral infection, to name a few. Unfortunately, it is often difficult to identify the sources but the home remedies for inflammation in this post may help you.
- Eat a diet composed of 75 percent raw foods, and drink plenty of herbal teas and juices.
- Eat foods high in flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants and useful for symptom reduction. Spinach and blueberries are excellent sources of flavonoids. Strawberries contain smaller amounts. Quercetin, found in onions, is good for inflammation as well.
- Consume half of a fresh pineapple or fresh papaya daily. Pineapple contains bromelain and papaya contains papain, both enzymes that reduce swelling. It should reduce the pain and swelling in two to six days. Only fresh pineapple or papaya (not canned) is effective. Bromelain is also available in pill form.
- Eat coldwater fish such as herring, mackerel, salmon, and sardines, as they are rich sources of essential fatty acids.
- Limit saturated fats and salt.
- Avoid cola, sugar, white flour products, and junk foods.
- Any organ or tissue of the body, internal or external, can become inflamed. Internal nerve sensitivity and significant problems with our immune system are often caused by bacterial infection, but can also be caused by disorders such as allergies, arthritis, asthma, autoimmune diseases, Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disorders, osteoarthritis, peptic ulcer disease, or ulcerative colitis. External inflammation is most often the result of injury, but can also result from (or be aggravated by) allergies, infection, and other factors.
List Of Home Remedies For Inflammation
- Alfalfa is a good source of minerals and chlorophyll.
- Aloe vera juice is helpful for inflammation.
- Bilberry contains flavonoids that reduce inflammation.
- Boswellia and turmeric (curcumin) help to reduce inflammation.
- Cat’s claw is good for inflammation and healing.
- Echinacea, ginger, goldenseal, pau d’arco, red clover, and yucca are all good for inflammation.
- Turmeric is highly useful in reducing the symptoms including pain.