Your liver is like the maid of your body, cleaning up all the toxins you put into it!
It keeps all internal systems running smoothly. The modern diet, environmental pollutants, and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products have put our livers on serious overtime.
So, what can you do about it? Well, firstly you should try a high quality liver detox supplement. You also could use some items found at your local health food store, your grocery store, or even some that are already in your kitchen. Here is how to help clean it up with 5 common food items.
How To Naturally Detox Your Liver
1. Warm Lemon Water – Warm lemon water is a great way to detox every single morning. This isn’t lemonade, so don’t add sugar or anything else. Just purified water and a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice. Some experts, like author A.F. Beddoe who wrote the book Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition, also believe that the liver produces more enzymes in response to water with lemon than to any other food.
2. Garlic – Add some garlic to your cooking or thinly slice a clove into your next salad. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that can help activate enzymes. It contains allicin and selenium, which are both good for protection.
3. Avocados – As if you need another reason to add avocados to your diet, a Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds that can protect the liver from damage. When compared with 21 other fruits, avocados had the most promise in protecting the liver from galactosamine, a “powerful” toxin that has been shown to produce a liver damage much like human viral hepatitis.
4. Cilantro – This versatile herb can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies. This herb can help remove heavy metals from the body, something your liver could be struggling with right now.
5. Turmeric – Another powerful spice with a long list of benefits, turmeric is said to not only protect the liver from damage, but also encourage regeneration of cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and aids in keeping the body toxin-free.
Why Is The Liver So Important?
The liver is a highly under-appreciated organ. In the post, I’ll try and explain what the it does, the diseases which can affect it and end with tips to maintain it in top shape.
It’s a one and a half kg organ that sits behind your right rib cage. If you did not have your liver, you would not be able to process nutrients like carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals from your food. Your body would not get rid of all the toxins and microbes. Your blood would probably never clot! It plays a vital role in maintaining the body’s metabolic balance.
It performs a variety of important functions it is extremely vulnerable to a variety of metabolic, toxic, microbial, circulatory and cancerous insults. Awareness of the liver’s functions and what all can cause disease can help you take the road to great health.