Diarrhea is a condition characterized by very loose or liquid bowel movements, and while it can be inconvenient, embarrassing, or painful, more significant is the fact that the risk of dehydration has made watery diarrhea a common cause of infant death worldwide, and a dangerous affliction in developing nations.
The common triple threat of stomach cramps, nausea, and diarrhea is altogether an unpleasant experience and may be indicative or symptomatic of another disease; diarrhea and vomiting might be the flu. Likewise, inflammatory bowel diseases or irritable bowel syndrome may cause chronic diarrhea. If there is blood visible, it is dysentery. There are several natural diarrhea remedies, which can help calm the bowels and get you back to “normal”.
10 Ayurvedic Remedies to Cure Diarrhea
1. Drink 3-4 times half a cup of water with a few drops of mint essence or peppermint added.
2. Drink a mixture of 1 tsp mint juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1 tsp honey.
3. Grind a lemon along with seeds and rind to a paste. Add some salt. Take 1 tsp of this paste 2-3 times.
4. Drink 1/2 tsp of dry ginger in 1 cup buttermilk 3 – 4 times a day.
5. Chew a few pieces of the inner lining of pomegranate with salt, and/or drink pomegranate juice.
6. Mix 1 Tbsp poppy seeds, 1 tsp edible gum, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder, and 2 tbs sugar, and grind to a powder. Chew this concoction every 2 hours.
7. Mix 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1/4 tsp pepper powder and drink it.
8. Mix 5-6 chopped basil leaves, 1/4 tsp sea salt, some black pepper in 3 Tbsp of curd, and eat it. repeat this 4 times a day for one week for complete reconditioning of stomach.
9. Roast 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds. Mix and powder it, add to 4 tsp of yogurt. Take 3X a day.
10. Grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.”
We offer information and opinions on UndergroundHealth.com, not as a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your physician, pharmacist, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements or following any treatment suggested on this site.